Interview Questions on AWS Network Performance tools
Here are some commonly asked AWS Certification interview questions regarding the AWS network performance tools
1. What is CloudWatch?
- CloudWatch is a monitoring service provided by AWS that provides operational and performance data for various AWS resources. It allows you to set up alarms, monitor log files, and visualize metrics.
2. What is Amazon CloudWatch Network Insights?
- Amazon CloudWatch Network Insights is a feature within CloudWatch that provides network performance visibility for EC2 instances. It provides real-time visibility into network performance metrics, such as latency, packets, and bytes.
3. What is VPC Flow Logs?
- VPC Flow Logs is a feature within AWS that allows you to capture information about the traffic going to and from your Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network. This information includes the source and destination IP addresses, port numbers, and packet counts.
4. How does Amazon CloudFront help improve network performance?
- Amazon CloudFront is a Content Delivery Network (CDN) that helps improve network performance by caching content closer to users. This reduces the time it takes to retrieve content, improving the user experience and speeding up page load times.
5. What is Amazon Route 53 Latency-based Routing?
- Amazon Route 53 Latency-based Routing is a feature within Route 53 that allows you to route traffic to the AWS region that provides the lowest latency. This helps improve network performance and ensures that users are accessing content from the nearest available location.
6. What is Amazon Direct Connect?
- Amazon Direct Connect is a network service that provides dedicated, high-bandwidth connections from your on-premises data centers to AWS. This helps to improve network performance by reducing network latency and increasing bandwidth.
7. What is Amazon Elastic Network Adapter (ENA)?
- Amazon Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) is a network adapter for Amazon EC2 instances that provides high performance and low latency network connectivity.
8. What is Amazon Elastic Load Balancer (ELB)?
- Amazon Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) is a load balancing service that automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple Amazon EC2 instances.
9. What is Amazon Global Accelerator?
- Amazon Global Accelerator is a service that helps improve network performance by directing user traffic to the optimal AWS region.
10. What is Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)?
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) is a fully managed message queue service that enables decoupled communication between distributed application components.
11. What is Amazon CloudFront Edge Locations?
- Amazon CloudFront Edge Locations are data centers located in various locations around the world that store cached content from Amazon CloudFront. These locations help to reduce latency and improve network performance for users accessing the content.
12. What is Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)?
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a virtual network dedicated to your AWS account. It allows you to launch AWS resources into a virtual network that you’ve defined.
13. What is Amazon PrivateLink?
- Amazon PrivateLink is a secure network connection between VPCs that eliminates the exposure of data to the public internet.
14. What is Amazon Network Address Translation (NAT)?
- Amazon Network Address Translation (NAT) is a feature within AWS that allows instances in a private subnet to access the internet while keeping the IP addresses private.
15. What is Amazon Trusted Advisor?
- Amazon Trusted Advisor is a tool within AWS that provides recommendations to help improve network performance, security, and cost optimization.
16. What is Amazon EC2 Placement Groups?
- Amazon EC2 Placement Groups is a feature within EC2 that allows you to place instances in the same physical location within an Availability Zone, improving network performance and reducing latency.
17. What is Amazon VPC Peering?
- Amazon VPC Peering is a feature that allows two Amazon VPCs to communicate with each other as if they were connected to the same network.
18. What is Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling?
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling is a feature that automatically increases or decreases the number of EC2 instances in response to changes in demand.
19. What is Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration?
- Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration is a feature that uses CloudFront’s globally distributed Edge Locations to transfer data to S3 at faster speeds.
20. What is Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)?
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) is a block storage service that provides persistent block-level storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances.
21. What is Amazon RDS?
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a managed relational database service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
22. What is Amazon EC2 Dedicated Hosts?
- Amazon EC2 Dedicated Hosts is a feature that allows you to run EC2 instances on physical servers that are fully dedicated to your use.
23. What is Amazon EC2 Placement Groups?
- Amazon EC2 Placement Groups is a feature that allows you to group EC2 instances together within a single Availability Zone, improving network performance and reducing latency.
24. What is Amazon EC2 Instance Types?
- Amazon EC2 Instance Types are a variety of pre-configured virtual machine images, with varying amounts of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity.
25. What is Amazon Direct Connect Gateway?
- Amazon Direct Connect Gateway is a feature that allows multiple VPCs and on-premises data centers to communicate with each other using a Direct Connect connection.