Interview Questions on Elastic Block Store
1. What is Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)?
2. What are the different types of Amazon EBS volumes?
The different types of Amazon EBS volumes are: Standard, Provisioned IOPS, and Cold HDD (sc1).
3. What is the maximum size of an EBS volume?
As of my knowledge cut off, the maximum size of an EBS volume is 16 TiB.
4. How do you backup Amazon EBS data?
Amazon EBS data can be backed up using snapshots. A snapshot is a copy of the data on an EBS volume, stored in Amazon S3.
5. How does Amazon EBS differ from instance storage?
Amazon EBS provides persistent block-level storage for use with Amazon EC2 instances, while instance storage is temporary storage that is located on the same instance as the EC2 instance.
6. Can you attach multiple EBS volumes to a single EC2 instance?
Yes, you can attach multiple EBS volumes to a single EC2 instance.
7. What is Amazon EBS Provisioned IOPS?
Amazon EBS Provisioned IOPS is a type of Amazon EBS volume that is designed to deliver fast, predictable, and consistent I/O performance.
8. Can you resize an EBS volume?
Yes, you can resize an EBS volume, either by increasing or decreasing its size.
9. Can you migrate an EBS volume from one availability zone to another?
Yes, you can migrate an EBS volume from one availability zone to another using Amazon EBS snapshots.
10. What happens to the data on an EBS volume when an EC2 instance terminates?
By default, when an EC2 instance terminates, the EBS volume that is attached to the instance will be deleted. However, you can choose to preserve the EBS volume if you need to save the data.